As per my last post, i had the honour of being one of the Show & Tell projects on Code52 site. This is a just a quick post to show you how much exposure something like this can give an aspiring Open Source blogger! It rocketed my visits, by creating my busiest day yet by 114 extra hits, a total of 218 hits for that day! I also generated additional 2 followers and my MVCImage Project got an additional 100 odd downloads from Codeplex, which im very happy with!
So what’s next? Well, firstly i want to finish my wife’s app, then i want to try my skills out with the code52 gang if i can. Yes i dont think im good enough yet, but hey, im going to have to try one day!
Here are some of the other Show & Tell posts from other Code52 contributors
- Show and Tell #1 – Generic Repository Pattern series -
- Show and Tell #3 – Building Budgie with the Task Parallel Library (TPL)
- Show and Tell #4 – Using DVCS to host code examples
- Show and Tell #5 – Porting a Silverlight game to XNA
- Show and Tell #6 – Setting up MEF
- Developer Blog Banter #3: Show & Tell
Over the last few months i have done the following blog posts to explain how to handle images using MVC and various technologies like JQuery and Entity Framework. Now the majority of hits i receive are concerning these blogs posts, so obviously Image Handling is a common Achilles heel. The posts are also being referenced in forums to answer Image related questions. So i have decided to create a Open Source project which combines all of these blog posts into one solution for people to use. This project can be found here for anyone who wants to use it:
At the moment it includes everything i have blogged about and shows you how to extend the RegisterModel to include adding Images when registering a new user. I will be adding the following to the project moving forward as i want this to an organic project that grows:
- Adding Thumbnails to the database and displaying these
- A details page of users so you can view their details and the images – A User Dashboard for the Admin
- A Image FileResult.
- A PDF document explaining what the Project does and where.
- treating my entity framework list as a list of poco (stackoverflow.com)
- MVC3 connection string with Entity Framework (stackoverflow.com)
- How to dispose objects correctly (ASP.NET MVC + Entity Framework) (stackoverflow.com)