[MVC 3] MvcImage Project……Its Alive!…..
Over the last few months i have done the following blog posts to explain how to handle images using MVC and various technologies like JQuery and Entity Framework. Now the majority of hits i receive are concerning these blogs posts, so obviously Image Handling is a common Achilles heel. The posts are also being referenced in forums to answer Image related questions. So i have decided to create a Open Source project which combines all of these blog posts into one solution for people to use. This project can be found here for anyone who wants to use it:
At the moment it includes everything i have blogged about and shows you how to extend the RegisterModel to include adding Images when registering a new user. I will be adding the following to the project moving forward as i want this to an organic project that grows:
- Adding Thumbnails to the database and displaying these
- A details page of users so you can view their details and the images – A User Dashboard for the Admin
- A Image FileResult.
- A PDF document explaining what the Project does and where.
- treating my entity framework list as a list of poco (stackoverflow.com)
- MVC3 connection string with Entity Framework (stackoverflow.com)
- How to dispose objects correctly (ASP.NET MVC + Entity Framework) (stackoverflow.com)